Careless Driving vs Dangerous Driving
The key difference between the two is the degree of severity in terms of conduct and penalties.
Careless Driving Consequences
- Defined under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Involves driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users.
- Fines for careless driving range from $400 to $2,000.
- Conviction results in six demerit points added to the driver’s record.
- License suspension is possible, with suspension periods lasting up to two years.
- In extreme cases, imprisonment for up to six months may occur.
- Can lead to increased insurance premiums.
Call POINTTS™ The Traffic Ticket Specialists for a Free Quote.
Dangerous Driving Consequences
- Involves operating a motor vehicle in a manner that endangers the lives or safety of others on the road, demonstrating a willful disregard for the well-being of other road users.
- Fines for dangerous driving are determined by the judge and can vary widely, with no specific minimum or maximum amounts outlined in the Criminal Code.
- Conviction does not result in demerit points, as it is a criminal offence.
- License suspension of at least one year may occur upon conviction.
- Imprisonment is possible, ranging from up to two years for a first-time offence, up to 10 years if bodily harm is caused, and up to 14 years if the offence results in death.
- Can lead to a criminal record, impacting employment opportunities and insurance premiums.
In Ontario, dangerous driving is a criminal offence with potentially severe consequences. Fines vary widely and are determined by the judge based on the offence’s severity and the driver’s record. Convicted individuals may face up to two years of imprisonment for a first-time offence, 10 years if causing bodily harm, and 14 years if causing death. Additionally, a minimum one-year driver’s license suspension is imposed, which can be extended depending on the circumstances. It is crucial for those charged with dangerous driving to contact a POINTTS™ Traffic Ticket Specialist to understand their rights and navigate the legal process.
At POINTTS™, we exclusively represent drivers who have been charged with traffic offences and are experts in this area of law.
With POINTTS™ on your side, we can stand in for you in court and typically eliminate the need for you to attend in person.
At POINTTS™, we are committed to providing top-tier legal representation that protects your license and saves you money on insurance, so you can get back on the road with peace of mind.
Modern & Secure Tools
POINTTS™ provides Free Consultations over the phone and various other secure online video platforms.
A Team Who Cares
POINTTS™ has been providing affordable access to justice since 1984.
Serving all courts in Ontario.
I shopped around with a few known Traffic Ticket Paralegals and chose POINTTS™ Traffic Tickets because they listened to me and gave me clear options. There were no false promises and nor did they give me any hopes. I want to thank them for getting my charges dismissed and saving my demerits. I will recommend POINTTS™ to anyone who has received a Traffic Ticket and wants to fight it.
Hi Folks, I can’t thank you enough for you assistance in this matter. I am retired and have a great part time job driving customers to and from the dealership. It was important that I keep a great driving record. The POINTTS™ team put my mind at easy and always communicated in a prompt manner. The process off signing up and paying for the service were flawless online.
Thanks Again for everything.
I called POINTTS™ and spoke with one representative and she was wonderful. They are very helpful, honest and are efficient with their communications. The representative that I had really did get me the best outcome possible given my situation. I would definitely choose them over X-Copper. That amazing!! 10 stars out of 5! Thank you so much. Hopefully won’t need your services in the future, but if I do there will be no hesitation.
WHY HIRE POINTTS™
POINTTS™ provides affordable access to justice.
For almost four decades, POINTTS™ (Provincial Offences Information and Traffic Ticket Service) has been committed to providing quality legal representation to over a million satisfied clients.
In 2007 Shelina Lalji joined POINTTS™ and in 2015, Shelina founded Shelina Lalji Professional Corporation (SLPC) and became the Master Franchisee of POINTTS™, both in Ontario and Manitoba.
POINTTS™ has locations all across Ontario & Manitoba.
- CARELESS DRIVING
- CARELESS DRIVING VS DANGEROUS DRIVING
- CVOR OFFENCES
- DANGEROUS DRIVING
- DISTRACTED DRIVING
- DISOBEY SIGN
- DRIVING UNDER SUSPENSION
- FOLLOW TOO CLOSE
- FAILING TO MOVE
- FAILING TO REMAIN
- FAILING TO REPORT
- FAIL TO STOP/YIELD
- FAIL TO STOP FOR SCHOOL BUS
- HANDHELD DEVICE
- HOV LANE TICKET
- IMPROPER DRIVING
- MOVING ONTARIANS SAFELY ACT (MOMS ACT - BILL 282)
- NO INSURANCE
- NO LICENCE
- RACING A MOTOR VEHICLE
- STUNT DRIVING
- RECKLESS DRIVING