FIGHT YOUR TRAFFIC TICKET?
Commercial vehicle operators in Ontario must have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) certificate and carry a copy. The CVOR system monitors commercial carrier safety to improve road safety for all road users.
GET A FREE QUOTE
CVOR OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
A CVOR operator (carrier) is the person responsible for the operation of a commercial motor vehicle. Operators are responsible for all the drivers and vehicles in their operation, including:
- the conduct of the driver
employing qualified and licensed drivers
monitoring the safety performance of drivers, including hours of service
resolving driver safety issues when they are identified
- the mechanical safety condition of the vehicle
- keeping vehicles in good, safe condition at all times
- ensuring that daily and annual/semi-annual inspections are completed
the shipping of goods or passengers in the vehicle
- ensuring load security
keeping records on file (e.g. vehicle repairs, kilometres travelled per year, annual inspection reports, etc.)
How CVOR Works
The CVOR system monitors an operator’s safety record over a 2-year period.
The CVOR record contains information such as:
- operator information (e.g. fleet size, kilometres travelled, commodity transported, overall violation rate, Safety Rating)
- reportable collisions
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) safety inspections
ministry interventions (e.g. letters, interviews, audits and sanctions)
- The CVOR certificate identifies the operator and contains a unique 9-digit ID number. The certificate (or a copy) must be carried in each commercial motor vehicle operated under the CVOR certificate.
- Operators must surrender the certificate when requested by an MTO enforcement officer or police officer for inspection purposes.
Interventions and sanctions
At predetermined stages, operator interventions such as disciplinary letters, interviews, audits or sanctions will be considered. When an operator reaches one of these stages, ministry staff will determine the appropriate intervention.
A sanction is the most severe disciplinary measure that the ministry may impose. It may result in:
- a fleet limitation
- plate seizure
- suspension or cancellation of a operator’s privileges
Sanctions may also result in an operator receiving an unsatisfactory safety rating.
As part of the sanction process, the operator will have an opportunity to show why the sanction should not be imposed.
Get Your Free Quote
We mean it when we say on your side .... by your side!
Text Your Ticket
Take a clear image of the traffic ticket and your driver's licence. Text it to (905) 903-0260
A POINTTS™ Traffic Ticket Paralegal will review your ticket(s) and/or summons.
Attention Tow Truck Operators
All tow truck operators require a valid CVOR certificate.
This applies to tow trucks, including:
- A motor vehicle commonly known as a tow truck;
- A commercial motor vehicle with a flatbed that can tilt to load and that is used exclusively to tow or transport other motor vehicles; and
- A motor vehicle that is designed, modified, configured or equipped so that it is capable of towing other motor vehicles.
If you only operate tow trucks, you must tell DriveTest staff you are a tow truck operator prior to writing the CVOR test. After you have fulfilled the application requirements and passed the test, your CVOR certificate will be sent to you.
I shopped around with a few known Traffic Ticket Paralegals and chose POINTTS™ Traffic Tickets because they listened to me and gave me clear options. There were no false promises and nor did they give me any hopes. I want to thank them for getting my charges dismissed and saving my demerits. I will recommend POINTTS™ to anyone who has received a Traffic Ticket and wants to fight it.
Hi Folks, I can’t thank you enough for you assistance in this matter. I am retired and have a great part time job driving customers to and from the dealership. It was important that I keep a great driving record. The POINTTS™ team put my mind at easy and always communicated in a prompt manner. The process off signing up and paying for the service were flawless online.
Thanks Again for everything.
I called POINTTS™ and spoke with one representative and she was wonderful. They are very helpful, honest and are efficient with their communications. The representative that I had really did get me the best outcome possible given my situation. I would definitely choose them over X-Copper. That amazing!! 10 stars out of 5! Thank you so much. Hopefully won’t need your services in the future, but if I do there will be no hesitation.
WHY HIRE POINTTS™
POINTTS™ provides affordable access to justice.
For over 36 groundbreaking years, POINTTS™ has been committed to providing quality legal representation to over a million satisfied clients.
In 2007 Shelina Lalji joined POINTTS™ and in 2015, Shelina founded Shelina Lalji Professional Corporation (SLPC) and became the Master Franchisee of POINTTS™, both in Ontario and Manitoba.
POINTTS™ has locations in Ontario & Manitoba.
- CARELESS DRIVING
- CARELESS DRIVING VS DANGEROUS DRIVING
- CVOR OFFENCES
- DANGEROUS DRIVING
- DISTRACTED DRIVING
- DISOBEY SIGN
- DRIVING UNDER SUSPENSION
- FOLLOW TOO CLOSE
- FAILING TO MOVE
- FAILING TO REMAIN
- FAILING TO REPORT
- FAIL TO STOP/YIELD
- FAIL TO STOP FOR SCHOOL BUS
- HANDHELD DEVICE
- HOV LANE TICKET
- IMPROPER DRIVING
- MOVING ONTARIANS SAFELY ACT (MOMS ACT - BILL 282)
- NO INSURANCE
- NO LICENCE
- RACING A MOTOR VEHICLE
- STUNT DRIVING
- RECKLESS DRIVING